Select your region:
Set Region

Regulations of Yukon


Please be advised that the synopsis has been supplied for information purposes only and should not be considered as the interpretation of the rules and regulations. Users are advised to send an enquiry to or directly consult with the safety authority of each province/territory before making any decisions that may have critical consequences. Acetake Group assumes no liability for the use or misuse of the information herein.


Government of Yukon - Building Safety and Standards Division

Government of Yukon - Building Safety and Standards Division is the authority for safety programs related to pressure equipment and gas in Yukon.


1. Pressure Vessels and Pressure Piping

This Regulation, applies to the design, construction, maintenance, use, operation, repair and service of boilers, pressure vessels and piping in Yukon (see Pressure and Pressure Piping Regulation under Links).


Design approval and registration is required before constructing or installing a boiler or pressure vessel system and registration should be renewed annually. Boilers or pressure vessels smaller than 10 kilowatts are exempt from registration.


High-pressure boilers require one annual internal and external inspection. Low-pressure boilers require one biennial internal inspection. Inspections made by inspectors employed by insurance companies are not accepted in lieu of inspections made by a department inspector.


CRN Registration:

Before it is manufactured, fabricated, inspected, installed or operated in Yukon, a Canadian Registration Number (CRN) with ACI Central Inc. (ACIC) is required for the boiler or pressure vessels. ACIC is a non-profit organization overseeing the CRN registration, safe installation and operation of technical systems and equipment in Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut. ACIC is incorporated under the laws of Prince Edward Island and its membership is voluntary.


2. Fuels

Gas fitter: The licence is issued if the technician has complied with the Trades Qualifications Regulations and holds a Trades Qualification Certificate as a gas fitter; or holds an equivalent certificate of competency from another jurisdiction and successfully completes the Yukon liquid propane addendum examination at Government of Yukon Department of Education for Apprenticeship and Tradesperson Qualifications.


Gas contractor: The licence is issued if the company provides an insurance bond as required by the regulations or the owner is a Yukon licensed gas fitter or employs a licensed gas fitter under the appropriate class of gas contractor licence.


Go to Provincial Regulations